Nate Britt - PG - Gonzaga HS- Washington, DC

• 11 replies
Nate Britt - PG - Gonzaga HS- Washington, DC
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:14:27 AM »
Great lefty PG from a very strong program in DC at Gonzaga High School also plays for DC Assault Gold team (17U plays up).

Tim Dimas caught up with him this weekend at Hoop Group Pitt Jam Fest

http://johnnyjungle.com/columns/over-the-airwaves/nate-britt-top-3-pg-in-the-class-of-2013/
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

Re: Nate Britt - PG - Gonzaga HS- Washington, DC
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:41:23 AM »
Quotes like that from Top 50 players are pretty amazing to hear.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:47:19 AM »
He's a great kid too. His dad, Nate Britt Sr.,  coaches him on DC Assault really keeps Nate grounded and focused.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:57:26 AM »
He's a great kid too. His dad, Nate Britt Sr.,  coaches him on DC Assault really keeps Nate grounded and focused.

Good (that his dad keeps him grounded and focused)!  It makes guys like Britt, Sr. to be easy to deal with from a recruiting standpoint to coaching him.  I remember reading some good things about Britt's game during the season.

I agree with you, as well, Moose.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »
so potentially this class would be the replacements for stith and possibly gods gift? looks like britt and beejay could fill in reaaaal nice
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 10:51:20 AM »
Per Rivals....

Nate Britt (2013, DC Assault)

A crafty lefty point guard, Britt does a nice job setting up his teammates. In terms of development, Britt isn't overly quick, so he will need to become more of an outside shooting threat going forward to set up his dribble dish game.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1215050

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 08:59:16 AM »
Per ESPN Recruiting....

Players to watch

Nate Britt (Washington D.C./Gonzaga College)
2013, PG, 5-11, 165 pounds | Team: D.C. Assault
College: Undecided
He is a tough-minded playmaker at the point guard spot. The lefty is a solid shooter with range to 19 feet who can penetrate to score or find an open opponent. He also gives good effort on defense and shows solid leadership skills. Overall, Britt is one of the top point guards in the 2013 class.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6424214

NYCoffey

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »
small write up about Britt by espn at the nike Elite.

Nate Britt (Washington, D.C./Gonzaga)
2013, 6-1, 165 pounds
He was arguably the best passer in camp. Britt has squared off shoulders and despite having plenty of sizzle with his passing game, he's a low-risk, efficient distributor of the ball. He's also a good player inside the arc, but needs to extend his range to maintain his standing as one of the group's top point guards.

gonzalo

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 01:27:04 AM »
http://blog.northstarbball.com/2011/06/19/class-of-2013-britt--freeman.aspx

Nate Britt, a 6-foot-1 point guard out of Gonzaga (DC), already claims six high-major scholarship offers. Britt listed offers from Villanova, Georgetown, Virginia, Pitt, Arizona, and UCLA.

The other schools that Britt mentioned who are showing interest were Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Marquette, Florida, Seton Hall, Duke, Miami, and Maryland. He mentioned that Florida "just recently" came into the picture.

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 10:42:38 AM »
He tore it up at NBA Top 100 camp

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 10:56:51 AM »
Heard his recruitment is likely to come down to the 2 DC schools (Georgetown and Maryland) along with Duke assuming they offer.

NYCoffey

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »
http://recruitingspotlight.wordpress.com/2011/06/19/nbpa-top-100-camp-recruiting-notes-part-two/

Nate Britt ¦ Rank: NR ¦ Point Guard ¦ 2013

*Note: class of 2013 center BeeJay Anya popped in and out of the interview so we transcribed his back and forth with Britt and us as well.

On his recruitment: “The recruitment is good, I have a lot of schools looking at me so I’m going to try to narrow it down to a couple of schools and take visits.”

On whether local schools have an advantage: “Yeah, I think they do, I would like to stay close to home but if a school feels right for me I might go.”

On if he has a list of schools: “No, not as of right now, probably later.”

On who he’s visited and his favorite visit: “I’ve visited Virginia, Virginia Tech, Duke… Seton Hall. My favorite visit was Duke because when I went down there I liked their campus and I was with [Duke point guard] Tyler [Thornton] and [class of 2011 point guard] Quinn [Cook] and they’re like my brothers. Tyler went to Gonzaga, [where I play], and Quinn and [former Duke star] Nolan [Smith] have all played with me.”

On a timetable for when he will narrow down his list: “Not really, but I would like to make a lot of my visits this summer and I pretty much will decide the schools I’m looking at after this summer.”

On which coaching staff he has the best relationship with: “I have a good relationship with [Villanova head coach Jay] Wright and his coaching staff. I’ve been up there a couple of times and I’ve been to their campus and stuff but I think I talk to coach Wright the most.”

On who’s recruiting him the hardest: “Villanova, Georgetown — everyday.”

On if any older guys are recruiting him: “Not really, Tyler and [North Carolina point guard] Kendall [Marshall] always make fun and push their schools and joke but not really.” [Adds BeeJay Anya]: “And BeeJay Anya as well.”

Anya [jokingly] on where he wants Britt to go: “Whatever school I want to go to… wherever I commit he’s going to commit too. We haven’t talked about where but we will.”

Britt on his favorite and least favorite part of the recruiting process: “I wouldn’t say I have any least favorite parts, right now I’m enjoying everything. I would say my favorite part is taking unofficial visits and experiencing college life.”

On what separates the Villanova coaching staff from everyone else: “How much I’ve talked to them and how much I’m in contact with them.”

On who is first call was and if that meant something to him: “My first call was [head] coach Mark [Turgeon] from Maryland. He was just telling me he wanted me to be the first and it definitely means something to me. It shows the interest is definitely there.”

On who else called him: “Duke, Georgia Tech, Florida, Virginia, West Virginia, Notre Dame, I’m sure I’m leaving others out but I can’t think of all of them right now.”

On the coolest part of the recruiting process: “Just meeting the coaches and being able to build a bond with them because that’s one of the most important things in my recruitment.”